More Cowbell (There's Nothing Here for You, Miss. State Fans)



If you've never seen the "More Cowbell" from Saturday Night Live several years ago, featuring Will Ferrell, Jimmy Fallon and Christopher Walken et al., please do yourself a favor and watch it now. If I'm having a boring or blue day, I swear I can watch this clip and it sets everything right with my world.

Just a few things about it that make me smile:


Will Ferrell's total lack of inhibition. 

Jimmy Fallon getting tickled. I assume because of Will Ferrell's rock-hard abs.

Christopher Walken in general. I've loved him ever since I saw him dance in Fat Boy Slim's Weapon of Choice video. 


The fact that the last time I heard "Don't Fear the Reaper" on the radio, I literally LOL. 

Last (but not least) ... Callie watched "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" this weekend with Christopher Walken as the Hessian Headless Horseman. She wanted a scary movie and settled on this one after I turned her down for "Friday the 13th" and "Halloween" and others with which I wasn't familiar (but you and I know would have ended with the stabbing of a scantily clad dumb girl who gamely went to track down that suspicious noise in the basement. In the pitch black dark.)

When I asked her if Sleepy Hollow was scary enough she replied...

"Yeah, it was pretty scary. But it could have used a little more cowbell."

So, the fact that the child totally has my sense of humor? That, my friends, makes me smile the happiest smile of all.

2012amymacsignaturefinal

No comments: