The Witching Hour

As you may already know, I write an article for a local, monthly publication. Sometimes there’s a theme I write around (like Mother’s Day, or summer fun) and sometimes they just set me loose with whatever I want to write.

For an upcoming article, I’m going to write about “The Witching Hour,” that time of day where kids of all ages seem to fall apart. If there’s a fit to be pitched, an argument to battle, a knee to skin or white carpet to spill grape juice upon, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. is the time for it to all go down.

I used to think the frayed nerves of the hour was an exclusive privilege of moms of infants and toddlers, and that my children would grow out of it, much like they outgrew the need for a nap. My kids are nearly 8 and 10 years of age respectively, and …. well, let’s just say someone burst into tears yesterday because we ordered her pizza instead of pasta at the restaurant for dinner. Seriously.

So parents of kids of all ages, send me your stories! Is there a Witching Hour at your house? (If not, can I move in with you?) What’s your best Witching Hour story? Did you figure out a legal way to keep the Witching Hour at bay? If so, I’d like to know!

Send your stories to amymacpr@comcast.net no later than June 30, and be sure to include your full name and contact information.

No comments: