School's Out For Summer

Today is the last day of school before summer break for my girls. Boy, are we ready for some summer fun around here – sleeping in, endless days at the pool, annual visit to the beach, to Tennessee for visits to aunts and grandparents for a month (just kidding, Mim – a week at most).

The lazy days of summer require some interesting scheduling for the work-from-home mom. I’ll have a sitter come in a couple of days a week, schedule playdates when I have meetings, and I’ll be looking for some sort of water-protecting shield for my laptop so I can hit my deadlines while my kids are swimming practice laps in the pool preparing for their weekly meets.

I’m always ready for the change of scenery (and schedule) when summer vacation rolls around. I’m also ready to change back in August. In the meantime, have a safe, enjoyable, and preferably lazy Memorial Day weekend! I know that’s my plan.

Amy Mac

No comments: