Get Me A Ticket for an Airplane, Ain't Got Time to Take the Fast Train

I think I am one of the few people on earth who actually enjoy the driving part of a road trip. My kids are all about the destination, and my husband would probably prefer to fly (he is a graduate of the Air Force Academy, after all), but for me there’s something fun, simplistic and adventurous about hitting the open road.

There are a few pre-requisites for the perfect road trip. Here’s my list, in no particular order:
· Great music, with the perfect playlist uploaded to my Ipod
· Snacks and cool beverages
· A mindless, entertaining book on CD
· My Blackberry
· A camera (you just never know when you might want to snap a photo)
· A general idea of where I’m going

Those items, along with a full tank of gas (which is what I was doing when I snapped this photo), will make the trip fly (pun intended) – Happy Trails!

No comments: