Summer Breeze



Over the years I’ve struggled with getting work done in the summer. Maybe it’s the heat. Even when I’m inside with the AC cranking on high, everything seems to move a little slower. Perhaps it’s the fact that it is harder to move projects forward when everyone is out of town. Sometimes I think the more relaxed summer schedule is wreaking havoc on my productivity. Though I utilize the wi-fi at the pool while the girls have swim practice, surely I don’t coast through my to-do list as quickly with the sounds of summer in the background.


All of those things contribute, that’s for sure. I believe, however, this photo from yesterday tells the real story. There are just some days you simply must shut down the computer, go to the pool, swim for a bit then take a nap, like my buddy Carter. After a quick snack, he was able to get through his to-do list for the evening quite nicely: play, be cute, coo, diaper change, bottle, bed.


How do you manage to get work done in the summer when the kids are out of school and the temperature is rising?


Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. ~Sam Keen

No comments: