An Easy Spring Distraction



I’ve been busy today with all the little nagging to-dos, like catching up on email, putting the finishing touches on a new business proposal, planning what to pack (and making sure it’s clean) for a business trip and ordering new business cards. The little things that gnaw at my conscious when I’m on deadline – have you noticed how little things seem mighty important when more important things lurk around the corner?


I promised myself that once I completed five nagging tasks, I’d go outside for a quick walk up the street in the gorgeous Atlanta springtime. Here’s what I noticed right outside my front door: these gorgeous blooming trees so thick you can barely see the sky.


So whether you are lucky enough to live in the South where everything is blooming, or you are still waiting for the warm, gorgeous days of Spring, decide on the distraction you’ll reward yourself with today.


I have always tried to hide my efforts and wished my works to have the light joyousness of springtime which never lets anyone suspect the labors it has cost me. -- Henri Matisse

No comments: