Music I Love


Fullscreen capture 282011 90831 PM.bmp

I’m always listening to music when I’m writing. Here’s what I’m listening to right now.

Pride (In the Name of Love) {Dierks Bentley}

I don’t usually like country music, and I’m not usually a fan of remakes. Something about Dierks Bentley’s cover of U2’s class Pride is nothing short of perfection.

Dog Days Are Over {Florence + The Machine}

I liked it before, then the Glee cast covered it … and it magically uploaded to my iPod. Now I love it.

Don’t Change {INXS} and Fall Down {Toad the Wet Sprocket}

Perennial faves. These songs remind me of coming home from college and going to the Poplar Lounge in Memphis to see local favorite singer Todd Snider.

Little Lion Man {Mumford & Sons}

A divine recipe of great lyrics and a moody melody that somehow remains upbeat. Is it an apology, or not? I’m not sure, but I really like it.

Where the Streets Have No Name – Live from Boston {U2}

My favorite song of all time.

What Part of Forever {Cee Lo Green}

Cee Lo. How could you not be fantastic with a name like Cee Lo? And to be able to pull off a song on The Twilight Saga: Eclipse soundtrack and be nominated for a Grammy for a song called F**K You – impressive.

Gloria {Van Morrison}

Was this song in the movie The Outsiders? Because that’s what I think of when I hear this song. Not that I remember much more than Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze from that movie, but anywho….

Reptilia {The Strokes} The Calculation {Regina Spektor} Uprising {Muse}

These are just current favorites that defy description. Not really. It’s just getting late so you’ll just have to take my word for it without explanation.

Cooler Than Me {Mike Posner}

I just think this song is kind of funny. And my girls love to sing it, and I love to sing it with them.

Forget You {Glee Cast}

As mentioned before, Cee Lo Green has a version of this song not fit for little ears, so this Glee version does in a pinch.

A Little Less Conversation and Memphis Tennessee {Elvis Presley}

After Elvis died, my mom and dad had to put away the Elvis albums for a spell because I would burst into tears every time I heard them. Luckily listening to Elvis makes me nothing but happy these days, so I listen frequently. Long Live Elvis.

Do you like to listen to music when you're working? If so, what are some of your favorite artists?

No comments: